Doesn't life just get SO busy? Here's a quick checklist to help jog your memory of monthly home maintenance to-do's that will keep your home looking beautiful and running at top speed year round!!!
🏡 Keeping up with home maintenance tasks will save you money, preserve the value of your home, and prevent headaches down the line. 💰
There are tasks that experts recommend doing quarterly, seasonally and annually. This article specifically focuses on a handy list of basic things experts recommend that homeowners do monthly:
- Inspect, clean and possibly change the furnace filter.
- Vacuum heat registers, vents and refrigerator coils.
- Use vinegar to clean mineral deposits from faucets and shower heads.
- Clean kitchen sink disposal.
Tip: Freeze vinegar in an ice cube tray and run cubes through the disposal.
- Clean kitchen exhaust fan filters and fan blades.
Tip: Use a degreaser (buy at an auto parts store) mixed with hot water.
- Inspect dishwasher for leaks. If you find problems, search for info on YouTube or consider calling a plumber.
- Pour boiling water down drains.
Tip: If clogged, add a cup of baking soda.
- Inspect all fire extinguishers to make sure the gauges show adequate pressure. Most extinguishers last between 5 and 15 years. It's also a good time to review how to use them.
Check out what the experts recommend doing quarterly.