Keeping a house in tip-top shape requires that some things be tackled only once a year. 📆
Save this list (as well as these 3 home maintenance checklists) for easy reference throughout the year and to ensure you don’t forget any important tasks.
- Identify and seal cracks and gaps in windows, doors, walkways, and the driveway.
- Have the fireplace and chimney inspected for damage and hazards.
- Inspect the roof for broken, loose, or missing shingles or tiles.
- Flush hot water heater – search online for how-to information for your particular brand.
- Check the home’s exterior for chipped paint and cracks in the foundation, and fix as necessary.
- Remove showerheads and clean built-up sediment.
- Deep clean the basement and garage.
- Test well water, if applicable.
- Update your home disaster kit. Check ready.gov/kit for a comprehensive list.